Hi hi hi!
This week's post is coming from my hometown of Pittsburgh, PA -- the land of french fries on salad, pierogie races, and billboards supporting clean coal. While it certainly has not been my most productive week (read - 0 work done) it has been a great opportunity to clear my head, catch up with friends, and bask in the summer heat.
What I'm Reading
- Abraham Flexner's The American College: A Criticism -- it's truly amazing how ideas recirculate over time
- The Vast Impacts of LEDs
- Stephen Colbert's Appearance at the RNC (technically a viewing...but too good not to see)
What I'm Working On
- Like I said not too much work happening but...
- Some solid talks with my dad about future plans. Looking at things like the AAAS Fellowship, innovation centers, and non-tenure track faculty jobs
- Exploring the tech scene in Pittsburgh
- Putting together the back end for our Reimagining X website
- Drafting plans for how to introduce Berkeley UGs to entrepreneurship
Quote of the Week
- “I SAW GOODY CLINTON WITH THE DEVIL." -- Twitter. Seriously the Republican convention is insane. and the Crucible is my all time favorite book.
That's all. more exciting stuff will happen next week when I'm back from vacation. I promise.