What I Do:
I do strategic design, research, teaching around innovation, creative problem solving, and sustainable development. The goal of my work is to promote multi-disciplinary approaches to problem framing and problem solving among students, companies, and citizens. I am passionate about co-creating context-driven and intentional designs to improve complex social systems.
Executive Education with Dept. of Defense
- August 2017 - Introduction to Design Thinking & Interviewing, Innovation Bootcamp with NATO ACT & MD5, Norfolk, VA
- June 2017 - Introduction to Design Thinking, Innovation Bootcamp with the National Guard Bureau & MD5, Washington, D.C.
@ University of California, Berkeley
- Spring 2018 - Transforming Food Systems - Master of Engineering Program
- Spring 2018 - Designing Your Life - Development Engineering Program
- Fall 2017 - Systems Thinking for International Development - Master of Development Practice Program
- Spring 2017 - Reimagining Global Public Health - Blum Center for Developing Economies & Center for Global Public Health
- Spring 2016 - Reimagining Slums - Jacobs Institute for Design Innovation
- Fall 2015 - Civil Systems and the Environment - Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Spring 2015 - Design for Sustainable Communities - Blum Center for Developing Economies
@ Penn State University
- Humanitarian Engineering and Social Entrepreneurship: Ethical Reflection and Research Dissemination
- Design for Developing Communities - Honors Seminar
with the Blum Center for Developing Economies at UC Berkeley..
- Development Engineering: A Critical Overview
- Examining the Social Impact Ecosystem at UC Berkeley
- Insights on Students Engaging with SDG 5: Gender Equality and Empowering Women
with the Laboratory for Manufacturing and Sustainability at UC Berkeley..
- Harmonizing Technological Innovation and End-of-Life Strategy - Doctoral Dissertation, in-progress
- Environmental Impacts of Circular Economy Business Models
- Measuring Social Impacts throughout Global Supply Chains
- Product Manufacturing: Trade-offs, Challenges, and Strategies
with the Humanitarian Engineering and Social Entrepreneurship Program at Penn State..
- Book: Solving Problems that Matter (and Getting Paid for It!)
- Motivations of Women Students Participating in Humanitarian Engineering and Social Entrepreneurship
- Applying the Tenets of Systems Thinking in the Development of Social Enterprises
- Mashavu: Networked Health Solutions
with Gobee Group..
with UC Berkeley..
Assistant Editor for Annual Reviews of Environment and Resources
- Named to Impact Design Hub's 40 Under 40 leaders working at the intersection of design and social change
- PhD Candidate - Civil and Environmental Engineering - Energy, Civil Infrastructure, and Climate
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Schmidt-MacArthur Fellowship - International Program on the Circular Economy
- Designated Emphasis in Development Engineering